Recognizing that skating is a foundational skill for hockey and ringette, this program allows for the opportunity to focus on skating outside of the game or practice. The program is designed to allow flexibility for progression or an increase in intensity as needed, to cater to the level of skaters in the program.
Skaters in this program will work on 15 skill buckets organized into 3 fundamental areas: Balance, Control and Agility.
Skaters will be monitored and assessed based on their progress through this stage of development:
· Early: Entering this stage of development
· Moderate: In the middle of this stage of development
· Advanced: Exiting or has mastered the level for this stage of development
Each training session is designed with the following format:
· Warm up: 10 minutes to warm up the core temperature of the body and review skills from previous lessons
· Lesson time: 30 minutes total; 10 minutes per fundamental area (Balance, Control, Agility)
· Development time: 10-15 minutes to challenge the skater’s development of skills learned
· Cool down: 5 minutes to lower the heart rate, increase range of motion, and stretch muscles
Participants require a CSA-approved and valid (not expired) hockey helmet. Hockey gloves and skates are mandatory. Full equipment is recommended.
Please call 403-472-6886 or email Crowchild.Skating@gmail.com if you have any questions.